I write about a lot of interesting things (surely you agree with this yes?) – but this isn’t one of them. This will forever be the most boring page on my website. But, in the chance that someone wants to steal my work, lay claim to anything I write and share or just wants to say I am not being compliant – here is my best attempt at being so. I may not have covered everything, but given I once worked within Compliance at Walt Disney – I understand the need for this to protect myself.
The following policies apply to the Enchanted Serendipity website found at https://enchantedserendipity.com (“Website”):-
ENCHANTED SERENDIPITY DISCLAIMER
1. Enchanted Serendipity Website is a travel and lifestyle blog. I write about these topics, from a personal viewpoint.
2. All opinions expressed in the articles and pages on this Website are based on my own experiences and are not influenced in any way by any product or service providers that I have collaborated with or am affiliated with. If I receive anything complimentary or for a set price, all views remain honest and genuine at all times.
3. Sometimes I will publish collaborative articles or guest posts which include content that is produced by other contributors. These contributors express their own opinions based on their experiences. In these instances I will identify the writer within the article and credit them as necessary. The Terms and Conditions for contributors to this Website are listed below. I fact check and oversee anything I do not write, but I cannot guarantee the information is 100% accurate if it’s not written by me.
4. Visitors to this Website are able to express their own opinions in the comments section of this Website. I am not responsible for the information provided by visitors to the Website in comments, however I do have requirements for those leaving comments (see below). I do have an anti-spam plugin activated which does capture and remove most things, but not everything. If you notice any comments that do not meet these requirements please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The information is accurate to the best of my knowledge at the time of publication, but there are chances that information published may change without my knowledge or be inaccurate. I will not be held liable for any errors or omissions on this Website nor will I be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages suffered by those who use the information on this Website in any way. Recommendations given are based on my own experience at the time I traveled somewhere – cities and countries can and will change, and experiences that I had may not be able to be 100% replicated by others.
5. I do not possess travel industry qualifications. I have however, traveled extensively over the last 10 years, including living abroad multiple times, and have learned a thing or two by trial and error during this time.
6. I reserve the right to change any aspect of this Website at any time for any reason because I own and run this Website.
ENCHANTED SERENDIPITY TERMS & CONDITIONS
Your access to and the use of this Website is conditioned on your acceptance of the following Terms & Conditions (“T&C’s”). These T&C’s apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use this Website. By accessing the Website you agree to be bound by these T&C’s. If you disagree with any part of the T&C’s then you may not access the Website. These T&C’s are governed by the laws of Australia and the State of Victoria (the best state in Australia!)
RESTRICTIONS ON USE
Everything on this site is my property unless it has been provided by a contributor (see below) or credit has been given to the original source (under the Creative Common guidelines). This content is protected by Australian and International copyright laws. I spend hours putting together this content, and all photographs and experiences I write about come from my own personal experiences. No one else’s. Therefore you may not modify, copy, publish, display, transmit, adapt or use any element of this Website without my written consent. Requests to use my content should be submitted to email@example.com. If you are interested in using content provided by a contributor or another source please contact them directly through their Website link. I cannot guarantee that use of my content will be authorised by me. A nominal fee may be charged depending on the use.
In order to provide an interactive experience for visitors to this Website, I have made comments available on each article of this Website. I love getting comments and feedback from my readers and will happily answer any questions people may have. If you choose to leave a comment on this Website you must not impersonate an individual or entity. You may not leave a comment or provide a link to a website that is in direct competition to my content, as well as unlawful, false, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, libelous, disparaging, obscene, discriminatory or objectionable. I reserve the right to remove or edit any comments/links that do not meet the above guidelines. You agree not to harass, stalk or abuse any other users who have left comments on this Website. Whether a comment/link meets this criteria will be determined at my sole discretion.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This Website contains links to third-party websites. Enchanted Serendipity has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of these third-party websites. You acknowledge and agree that Enchanted Serendipity shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites.
Occasionally this Website accepts contributions from other writers. If you submit content with the intent that it will be published on this Website you must guarantee that you are the sole owner and author of the article and own 100% of the copyrights pertaining to all content provided including images. You must ensure that the article provided is unique and has not been published elsewhere on the Internet. I reserve the right to edit any contribution submitted to ensure that the published content is error free, grammatically correct and meets this Website’s style, tone and standards, but I will not substantially alter the context or information supplied by contributors. Submitting a contribution does not guarantee that it will be published on this Website. The decision on whether a contribution will be published is at my sole discretion.
CHANGES TO T&C’S
I reserve the right, at my sole discretion, to modify or replace these T&C’s at any time.
My main goal for this Website is to connect with others, help them plan their vacations and give them confidence to travel, so I would never misuse the information users to this Website have entrusted me with. I respect your privacy and am committed to protecting it. I will never sell your personal information to third parties. I will never provide your information to third parties unless I am required to do so by law. I will never spam you with a barrage of unsolicited emails. I will simply use your information to operate this Website, conduct analysis, optimise your reading experience and send you the occasional email if you have subscribed to my email list at your own accord.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- I may collect personal information such as your name or email address when you voluntarily submit information to this Website by leaving a comment or subscribing to my newsletter;
- I may receive information about you from other sources, for instance if you choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin and/or Google accounts when commenting.
- I automatically collect certain information about you and the device you use to access this Website e.g. the dates/times you accessed this Website, your IP address, your operating system type, your browser type, the referring website, the pages you viewed and the links you clicked; and
- I may store your information using cookies (see below) to provide you with a more personalised experience on this Website.
USE OF INFORMATION
I may use the information collected to:
- Operate and maintain this Website;
- Identify you as a user and provide a more tailored experience when you visit this website;
- Send you newsletters (if you have subscribed) and/or administrative communications;
- Respond to your comments or enquiries;
- Provide you with user support;
- Track and measure advertising on this Website;
- Protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorised or illegal activity; and
- Provide anonymous high-level visitor data (which does not identify you) to third parties interested in working with Flights to Fancy.
THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS
I will never share your information with a third party without your consent except where required by law. This Website uses a number of third party providers to enable it to function efficiently and effectively. These third party providers are governed by their own privacy policies in respect to how they may use your information. Some to note are:-
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You may opt-out of my email communications by following the unsubscribe link in every email.
- You may access your personal information by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may update your personal information by emailing email@example.com.
- You may request your personal data be erased by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. As a parent or guardian, if you believe this Website holds personally identifiable information on your child please send me an email at email@example.com to arrange removal.
ENCHANTED SERENDIPITY COOKIES POLICY
In the online world, a cookie is a small data file stored on your browser. Session cookies expire when you close your browser and persistent cookies stay on your browser until deleted. This Website and it’s associated third parties (see above) may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to:-
- store your preferences;
- record user-specific information on what pages you access or visit;
- ensure that you are not repeatedly shown the same advertisements; and
- customise Website content.
You can prevent this Website using cookies by changing the settings in your internet browser(s). You can delete existing cookies via your Internet browser or other software programs. If you choose to deactivate cookies, this Website may not function as intended which could impact on your experience.
ENCHANTED SERENDIPITY ADVERTISING & AFFILIATES POLICY
This Website is hard work and takes a lot of time and energy to run – thus I need to make some money, even through affiliate networks to help me continue running this Website. On top of domain registration, hosting fees and support services there is a significant cost associated with traveling the world to bring you first hand accounts of my experiences to assist in your own travel planning. To offset some of those costs and make a little money for myself, I include advertising on this Website.
- I will always add a disclosure statement at the bottom of a post if I have been paid to write the content (sponsored) or if the goods/services featured have been provided/discounted for the purposes of completing a review. All opinions expressed on this Website are strictly my own based on my own personal experiences and are in no way influenced by the product/service provider.
- The advertising displayed on this Website is generated by third parties (see above).
- This Website uses affiliate marketing which may earn me a small commission from any qualifying purchases you may make from the products and services I feature. This is at no extra cost to you. Win/Win right? If you click on an affiliate link on this Website, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for the purpose of paying a commission. If enough sales are generated, I may eventually make a little money. I truly appreciate you supporting the brands that support this site and help keep it up and running. I am currently associated with Elegant Themes, Booking.com, Amazon, Agoda and Booktopia.
Last updated: 3rd December, 2018.